10. Kieran Gibbs (Midfielder Left/Centre, Left Back) Age:19- Versatile and energetic, the 19 year old has already featured for the gunners for the past two pre-seasons in two different positions. Last year ran the show against Inter Milan on the left and this year played at left back. Playing at left back looks like the key to his development, as when he reverts back to his favoured central midfield role, it will increase his defensive and positional ability to allow him to be a future England star.
Most Like: Nigel De Jong
9. Pedro (Left Back/Left Midfield) Age: 18- Currently on loan at Spanish Second Division side Salamance to gain his work permit, the explosive left back will look to challenge Clichy for the left back berth next year. Is great at going forward and is no slouch at defending. Pedro has great energy like all great Brazilian left backs and has all the attributes to emulate these legends.
Most Like: Fabio Grosso
8. Henri Lansbury (Central Midfield) Age: 17- Henri is one of the longest serving members of the Arsenal team having been at the club since 9. Classy and with an eye for goal is tipped for great things and featured on the bench for Carling Cup match against Liverpool. Played on the right of midfield for Arsenal in pre-season after recovering from glandular fever which kept him out for most of last season.
Most Like: Frank Lampard
7. Francis Coquelin (Defensive Midfielder) Age: 17- If it weren’t for the fact Coquelin was 17 he could have been the answer to Arsenal’s midfield problems. Tough in the tackle and very composed, the Frenchman has got everything at his feet though injury seems like the only thing to prevent him becoming one of the best.
Most Like: Claude Makelele
6. Harvard Nordtviet (Centre Back) Age 17- Given the captains armband having just signed, Harvard Nordtviet has clearly caught the eye of his new employees. Strong in the air and the ground, the classy centre-back is likened to Arsenal great Tony Adams. Just like Coquelin injury has affected his early career at Arsenal but looks set to become a first choice centre-back in years to come.
Most Like: Rio Ferdinand
5. Fran Merida (Attacking Midfielder Left/Centre) Age 18 – Pinched from the Youth Academy at Barcelona, there are high hopes for the Spanish midfielder. Has some of the most accurate passing and an explosive shot. Has played behind the striker for Spain’s youth team and was part of the team that won the Under 19’s championship. Likely to go on loan for another year before challenging for a first team spot.
Most Like: Cesc Fabregas
4. Nacer Barazite (Striker) Age 17- Nacer Barazite is one of Arsenal’s most gifted players has been touted as the next Dennis Bergkamp. Nacer is very skilful and has shown his attributes by playing on the wing. Likes to drop deep to collect the ball and weigh in with the goals. Good on the deck as well as the air, Barazite looks to be a great talent for Arsenal
Most Like: Robin Van Persie
3. Aaron Ramsey (Midfielder Centre/Right/Left) Age 17- Aaron Ramsey signed for Arsenal after impressing for Cardiff in the Championship. A keen rugby player as a youngster Ramsey could develop, not as a rival to Fabregas but as a partner. Has a good passing range, two great feet and a drive from midfield.
Most Like: Steven Gerrard
2. Jack Wilshere– (Attacking midfielder right/left/centre) Age:16- Given the number 19 shirt and a first team place after a hugely impressive pre-season making numerous assists and weighing in with three goals. The dimunitive playmaker is equally adapt playing on the right as well as behind the striker. On his favoured right he prefers to cut in and supply the goals. Has been compared to Messi but Wilshere is far from the finished article though if he keeps knocking on the door it will be hard to ignore him. Played on the left by Arsene Wenger in pre-season to prevent him become one dimension and adding more to his game.
Most Like: Alexandr Hleb
1. Carlos Vela (Forward centre/left) Age 19- After signing for Arsenal 18 months ago, the mexican forward finally has the chance to show the Arsenal fans exactly why he is worth the wait. Has already netted in 4 goals during pre-season and has caught the eye with his great close control, balance, composure and work rate. The highlight of pre-season is his goal Sevilla, shrugging off Konko with ease before clinically clotting the ball home. Only 19 years old and with Eduardo injured, has his chance this season to stake his claim as a senior member of the first team squad.
Most Like: David Villa
*Walcott and Bedtner have already played so not included this time